Welcome to my blog series on Convention Stories and Strategies. I recommend checking it out if you are a gamer or a designer and have an interest in:
- Promoting a game
- Attracting attention to your booth
- Communicating with other humans
- Laughing at my mistakes!
I have been to many conventions showcasing Crop Cycle and Centaurus. Through these experiences I have catalogued the highlights of my stories and my strategies in the hope that you will learn or at the very least laugh at my stories.
Convention Stories: Humorous highlights from conventions.
- Memories of Keycon: Drinking with a Dwarf
- Rediscovering Childhood at PAX West
- Followers at Games Day
Designer Diaries: Thoughts on Game Design
- Not Relying on Memory: The Importance of an Indicator Card
- Designing with Materials in Mind
- Print and Play Explained in 10 Questions
- Maintaining the Creative Edge
Convention Coach: Strategies to help improve your results at game conventions
- Surviving the Convention Circuit Diet
- Sumo Fights Yoga Instructors…and other hooks to engage with
- Move like Agent Smith: Make caffeine work for you
- The Law of Gameplay Attraction
- Combat Terrible Memory with a Checklist
- The Third Wheel: Bringing new players into the Fold
- Validating Players and Accepting Feedback
- Simple Thoughts on Signs
Please check back regularly as this list is updated regularly!
Congrats! You made it to the end of the article. If you enjoyed the words above, SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER and stay informed of new Content, Events, and Games. Also, check out new blog posts here and feel free to contact me and share your thoughts!